VELUX Publishes 2016 CSR Report
Good progress made, especially on sourcing of sustainable wood
VELUX today publishes its 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility report, which details the company’s ongoing commitments and progress in the area of CSR.
Highlights of 2016 report include:
• 98% of wood used in manufacturing sourced from certified, sustainable forests – three times higher than the global average and approaching our 2020 target of 99%
• 97% of production waste recycled or used for energy generation
• 1.9 work-related accidents per one million working hours – almost five times lower than a comparable industry benchmark
• 100% of manufacturing sites certified according to ISO 14001 (Environment), OHSAS 18000 (Occupational Health) ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 50001 (Energy)
The report also examines a broad range of initiatives and activities, including:
• VELUX’s work to promote better living environments for all, including the completion of its 27th demonstration building, a social housing renovation in Brussels, Belgium
• Ways in which the company is addressing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
• Charitable and non-profit grants donated by the VELUX Foundations totaling 155 million EURO.
“We’re pleased to be making continued improvements and progress towards our sustainability targets, and to be able to demonstrate them in this report. We view CSR and sustainability reporting as a valuable tool for customers, employees and other stakeholders to evaluate the performance and commitment of the company to truly sustainable business practices.”
For 75 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights as well as a range of decoration and sun screenings, roller shutters, installation solutions and intelligent home controls. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 9,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family. For more information, visit www.velux.com.