VELUX Group takes preventive measures against Corona virus
Travel restrictions are in place, a 24-7 hotline is available for employees, special hygiene conditions apply, VELUX partners are informed and a task force is set up to monitor and quickly react to the situation concerning the Corona (COVID-19) virus.
The VELUX Group constantly monitors the risk situation in adherence with authorities' guidelines and takes measures accordingly. Our focus is on keeping our employees safe, on keeping our business partners’ employees safe, on our societal duty to assist in avoiding the spread of the virus, and on securing deliveries to our customers. In order to do so, we have for now taken the following measures:
- A special VELUX Corona virus task force monitors the situation closely.
- We have reinforced a global company policy for all employees who can work from home to do so. The policy includes external workers on our sites.
- We have reinforced a global travel policy that bans all business travel.
- All employees having travelled to an area characterised as high-risk (Danish Ministry for Foreign Affairs) for private reasons are asked to work from home for a period of 14 days upon their return.
- VELUX travel policies also concern all external workers, e.g. consultants, working at VELUX premises.
- We have introduced an internal 24-7 hotline for employees.
- We have reinforced high hygienic standards for all employees and cleaning personnel.
- Employees living and working in special risk areas follow guidelines from local authorities.
- We currently do not allow external visitors to enter our facilities without special permission.
- We request logistic service providers (drivers) to call upon arrival.
- Personnel in contact with drivers (document handling etc.) follow strict hygienic regulations.
- Drivers’ access to VELUX areas is restricted to a minimum and to designated spaces.
- Local task forces are in place and contingency plans are continuously evaluated to ensure that we can keep servicing our customers.
In regards to handling a physical product (including VELUX products), the World Health Organisation assesses that the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low, and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
The situation is constantly evolving and the VELUX Group is updating measures accordingly.
About the VELUX Group
For more than 80 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights, decorative blinds, sun screening products and roller shutters, as well as installation and smart home solutions. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 36 countries and around 11,000 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by non-profit, charitable foundations (THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS) and family. In 2022, the VELUX Group had total revenue of EUR 2.99 billion, VKR Holding had total revenue of EUR 4.29 billion, and THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS donated EUR 181 million in charitable grants.
For more information about VELUX Group, visit velux.com.