Finalists announced in C40 Women4Climate Tech Challenge
Ten solutions to cities’ climate challenges will be pitched to jurors of this international women-only innovation competition, sponsored by the VELUX Group.
Four winners will then be selected during Entrepreneurship Week on May 4-8, 2020 in Lisbon. Financial and technical support will be provided so the winners’ solutions to climate change can be brought to life in Lisbon, Los Angeles, Stockholm or Tel Aviv-Yafo.
I look forward to seeing the finalists’ pitches in this next decisive phase of the Tech Challenge. It will be interesting to see how they address climate action in buildings, streets and cities through innovative solutions,
The finalists’ solutions in this second edition of the competition include: smart self-shading windows, reducing energy consumption in buildings, nature-based solutions for improving well-being in offices, and a new outdoor fabric to reduce urban temperatures in the face of global heating.
The finalists and their projects are:
- Johana Sanabria (Bogota, Columbia) - Agua Urbana
- Meiling Gao & Vivian Bi (California, USA) - Clarity
- Elizabeth Ledesma & Monica Pulido (Mexico City, Mexico) - Ecolocal Market
- Cristina Mota Capitao & Rosário Sommer (Lisbon, Portugal) - Generosa
- Doris Sung & Karen Sabath (Los Angeles, USA) - InVert™ Self-Shading Windows
- Anai Green, (Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel) Lumiweave
- Lorena Gordillo Dagallier (Cambridge, UK) - Open-seneca
- Yael Arbel (Tel Aviv-Yafo) - ReTake
- Marquidia Pacheco (Mexico City, Mexico) - The Fourth State of Matter
- Natalia Mykhaylova (Toronto, Canada) - WeavAir
Read C40’s announcement about the finalists here.
Why the VELUX Group sponsors the Women4Climate Tech Challenge
The VELUX Group acknowledges the foresight of women in creating solutions for a sustainable future and the barriers they often face in bringing forward their ideas. With this sponsorship, the Group helps to promote diversity and inclusion and empower women to lead climate action through innovation.
Read more about why the VELUX Group supports the second edition of the Women4Climate Tech Challenge.
Learn about Women4Climate.